oats

"Not just good for your body, but  for your overall health." This was on the back of the cereal box in front of me this morning. We humans are made of mind, body and spirit, so it made me wonder: what else, other than my body, could oats be good for? My mind? Sure, we all know that a well nourished body makes us think better. But whether or not  a well-nourished body allows us to use our minds to make good decisions is debatable.  What about our spiritual health? Oats are good for that? I had no idea!  Does this mean that my relationship with God, my dog, my neighbors or the universe will be healthy?  The humble oat could help me there?  For that matter, is there any  food (other than the Bread of Heaven) that could really be good for my overall health? That's a pretty bold claim to make! Edie Brickell was right when she sang "Philosophy is the back of a cereal box."  This sort of thing gets the old brain warmed up in the morning, but I think tomorrow I'll have eggs.

Comments

  1. You know Edie Brickell lyrics? Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, Edie really said :"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box."
    I apologize.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marino Natale Lettera 2023

Marino Natale 2022

Reasons Not to Home Educate