Ice Cream

The ice cream truck is making the rounds in my neighborhood. Do all ice cream trucks have a sign that states : "SLOW CHILDREN"? Ours does. I wonder if the truck is full of slow children, or if  the truck is making an announcement concerning slow children. What about children who are not slow? Is the ice cream man singling out slow children for a reason? This confusion could be cleared up by applying a colon ( not just for emoticons anymore!) in between the words 'slow' and 'children' with a black magic marker. Oh, how I wish I could correct this gaffe myself whenever I see the ice cream truck pass by! I could let my many children swarm around the truck, peppering the poor ice cream man with a dozen questions each about his products, and finally making a selection. Meanwhile, unbeknownst to the owner of the truck in question, I  gleefully reach up and correct his sign with my black magic marker. But, I'm a coward, I readily admit. I'll never do it. So, I comfort myself with laughing at his sign, and not buying any ice cream from him.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marino Natale Lettera 2023

Marino Natale 2022

Reasons Not to Home Educate