Fly

Tiny and feeble,
wrinkled and tired,
she came, eyes full of tears,
eyes that couldn't see.
Needy and unsure,
demanding and awake,
she gave less than she would take.
Crawling and falling,
wanting to walk,
striving to talk.
Leaping and bounding,
reaching, seeking
look at me,
what do you see?
Trusting, leaning,
uncertainty and doubt,
little one
give me your heart.
Discovering and learning,
becoming and turning
in front of the mirror,
to see what she could see.
Stretching, trying, yearning,
for life to start,
she found feelings in her heart,
but was afraid to let anyone see.
Stretching, unfolding her wings,
she is trying to fly,
waiting for the time to go by,
so she can soar.
Soon she will fly away
not sure where she will light
but she'll find the current
and take flight.
Fly, little bird,
climb to the clouds, the sun,
the race is now yours to run.
I see her, my eyes never turned,
I am watching her heart, 
and I see it's
beautiful.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marino Natale Lettera 2023

Marino Famiglia Natale 2020

God's Arms