Chocolate Chip Cookies

I needed some chocolate. Again. So I consulted my trusty Betty Crocker Cookie Cookbook, and found a recipe billed as the best cookie of 1935-1940. I played around with it a bit, making it only half as bad for you, or half good for you, depending on if you are a glass-half-full or glass-half-empty sort of person. Me, I see them as half good for me, and ate them with no guilt!

Combine 2/3 cup coconut oil, 2/3 cup butter, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup sucanat. Mix until creamy.

Add 2 eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla; mix well.

Mix together in a separate bowl: 2 1/2 cups flour (I used a pre-mixed blend of flour that is 30% whole wheat and 70% white), 1/2 cup whole wheat, 1 teaspoon baking soda,1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon of vital wheat gluten and 1 teaspoon of dough enhancer. Add to the creamed mixture.

Mix in 2 cups chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chopped nuts.

Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375.

They were crispy and coconut oil gave them a wonderful flavor. Unfortunately, they were so good, they lasted less than 24 hours. Next time, I won't tell the kids!


That was easy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marino Natale Lettera 2023

Marino Natale 2022