Grow Old

Grow Old

Let's
grow old
together,
eyes pleading with mine.
Let's grow old
and not mind the time.

Take my hand, come with me;
Locked in your heart,
throw away the key. 

How long the journey would be,
none could say.
Where will this go?
Will we love like we do today?

Grow old with me, 
hands tugging at mine.
Let's cling to each other,
and our hearts be twined.

Take my name, take my all. 
Love I give you freely,
for you I have been called.

We could not see:
Tears, heartaches,
joys and mystery
that love can be.

Growing old, growing grey,
hearts full. 
Time slips by,
not enough days.

Let's grow old together,
until our time is done.
Stay with me,
and we
will
be
one.

For my husband, who has given me 21 years (and counting) of his life and love.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marino Natale Lettera 2023

Marino Natale 2022