Jambalaya

Here's a spicy and cheap one-pot meal. It was inspired by a recipe I found in one of my cook books.

Combine in a dutch oven the following:

1 14 oz can and 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 chopped pepper, your choice of color
2 onions, chopped
3 stalks of celery, sliced
3 cups water
1 Tablespoon bullion (I used chicken, but vegetable would be fine)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch ground cloves
1 bay leaf
2 Tablespoons parsley flakes
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Bring to a boil, and then add 2 cups of rice (I use short grain brown rice)



Cook until rice is done, then add a pound or so of cooked shrimp and a teaspoon of vinegar. Serve with hot sauce if desired. This is nicely paired with corn bread.


My husband ate 3 bowls of this, so I guess I will be making this again. This easily serves 9 with leftovers (unless your husband eats 3 bowls!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marino Natale Lettera 2023

Marino Natale 2022

Reasons Not to Home Educate