Mid Year Notes

The school year is winding down, and it makes me reflect a bit.

Debbie finished up her first year of college, on the dean's list and making straight A's. She worked a couple of jobs while in school and finished strong. I am so proud of her work ethic and drive to do her best.


Lewis also held down a job during the school year, swam on the swim team and ran track, and still managed to do well in his studies. He placed first in the pistol shooting event at the Heart of Ohio Law Enforcement Explorer Competition, a state-wide competition among law enforcement Explorer posts. I love his motivation for excellence, as well as his taste in hats.



Margaret struggled with health issues this year that would have derailed most kids. But she stuck with her studies, making straight A's and pushing herself to do her best. She sings for hours a day around the house, blessing us all. I love hearing her sing. The braces are coming off soon!



Jared draws almost constantly.When he's not drawing, he's playing with Legos or dreaming of food. It's all starting to get to him, I think. I love his sense of humor and the way he thinks.


Edith is learning by leaps and bounds. She struggled with reading at the beginning of the school year, but worked through it and now loves to read. I am proud of how much she helps around the house and takes charge of her younger siblings (older ones too...).


Natty is trying to learn to read and spends most days playing or getting into trouble. I love how cuddly he is. 5 year old boys are loads of fun.



Ellie is our sunshine. She can ride a tricycle, and put together an outfit! I wish I could dress like that. I love how she keeps me feeling young.


I'm grateful for another year of homeschooling these kids, but we are all ready for a break. Oh, summer is almost here!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marino Natale Lettera 2023

Marino Natale 2022

Reasons Not to Home Educate