New Name for the Blog

I thought it was time for a change in the name of my blog. Why "The Autodidact"? I don't fancy myself as much as a self learner as my kids are. I wish I were half as resourceful as they are.

But since this blog is about them and about mothering and homeschooling, I thought the title apt.

I am amazed at what those kids learn when I am not meddling in their lives. And not just stuff out of books (and that accounts for much!), but stuff they learn to make and think, or how to figure things out for themselves. Adventures they have all by themselves or just with a sibling or two. It's not that I am absentee parenting- we are with each other for much of the day, or at least in close proximity. But they do wander off and amuse themselves with "play" but what they are really doing is teaching themselves. Most of the time, they don't even realize it.

And so, I dedicate my new blog name to my kids- amazing autodidacts!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marino Natale Lettera 2023

Marino Natale 2022

Reasons Not to Home Educate