Thanks

Lately, I have been reading about home schoolers who have been challenged/ridiculed/accosted about their decision to home educate. Family members, folks at church, neighbors and friends weigh in and express their disdain/low opinion/hostility to certain home educators. Without being asked.

I have to say, that, other than a few well-meaning and concerned family members who spoke to us as we were beginning our journey, and a neighbor who once told me of someone that was alarmed I may be teaching my kids that creation is true and evolution is not, I have never been put under the microscope and scrutinized. No one has ever suggested I put my kids in public school. No one has ever said my kids need more socialization. No one has ever made me feel as though I was a traitor to my local school system or that I was doing something wrong.

Now, I am sure there have been people who shook their heads and wondered if we knew what we were doing. Perhaps they still do. And I am sure I have friends or neighbors or family members who disagree. We all can't have the same opinion. We all aren't going to raise our kids or educate them the same way. Agreeing to disagree is fine with me.

But I want to say to all those who know me and who do not home educate their kids: Thanks.

Thanks for your words of support.

Thanks for being kind to my kids treating them with respect.

Thanks for never forcing me to defend myself.

Thanks for celebrating with us and for encouraging us.

I feel very fortunate whenever I read or hear about home educators who are being openly ridiculed and questioned. Because that has just not been my experience.

Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marino Natale Lettera 2023

Marino Natale 2022

Reasons Not to Home Educate